The Soviet War Cemetery Foundation was founded on 29 January 2010. The foundation has the following main goals:
- preserving and improving the Soviet War Cemetery, cultural heritage in the municipality of Leusden
- research of the destiny of the 865 soldiers from the former Soviet Union who are buried on the War Cemetery in Leusden
- tracing their relatives
- organizing the visit of the relatives to the graves and
- keeping the memory of the soldiers alive via publications, audio, video and digital productions
- raising the historical awareness and increasing understanding of the enormous sacrifices made by the people of various former Soviet republics during WWII
- reaching out to more young people and involving them in various projects
The foundation is an approved cultural Public Benefit Organisation (ANBI, algemeen nut beogende instelling).
Donations are very much appreciated on the account IBAN NL88RABO0127654739 in the name of Stichting Sovjet Ereveld.
The foundation is registered at the Chamber of Commerce for Gooi, Eem and Flevoland under number 32167973 (RSIN: 8219.76.175)
The Soviet War Cemetery Foundation employs over 30 permanent volunteers. Are you willing to do volunteer work? If so we will gladly talk with you about a fitting contribution. Click here for more information.
The director of the foundation is Mr. R. (Remco) Reiding BJ
The board of the Foundation consists of:
- A.J.M. (Alex) Engbers, MA, chairman
- Mr. R.J. (Ruud) van Heel, treasurer
- Dr. I.A. (Ilse) Matser, secretary (education)
- General (ret.) A.P.P.M. (Ad) van Baal, board member, (in his capacity as chairman of the National Monument Kamp Amerfoort Foundation)
Remuneration Policy: No (unsalaried members of the board)
Furthermore the foundation possesses an Advisory Board for the future visitor centre, consisting of:
- Mr. (E) Erik van den Dungen Ph.D, Director War Museum Overloon
- Mrs. Dr. E.S. (Els) van Eijck van Heslinga, Chairmen of the Board Museum Register Netherlands
- Mrs. Y.A. (Yvonne) van Genugten Ph.D, Director East Indies Remembrance Centre
- Mr. O (Otto) Maurer PH.D, Director and curator art museum Flehite
Our contact information can be found here.